Tuesday, July 9, 2013

B&A and FOTD: My "Everyday" Face

I try to mix up the products I use on my face everyday. In fact, there is not even a single foundation I use everyday. I love trying out new things and trying to incorporate fun pops of color into my look. There are a few consistent attributes of my look that remain essentially the same: perfected, dewy skin that is light enough to still show my freckles, something to make my small eyes appear larger, natural but slightly more perfected brows, and lipstick...allllllways there is lipstick.

I've been working at an office this summer, so I've been utilizing some of the softer, more professional products in my collection. I don't have a standard routine, but this is a before and after of the sort of look I've been sporting quite frequently.


Oooooooh my gosh. That is so insanely unattractive. Granny curlers...undereye bags...lots o' blemishes...barely open eyes. It must be morning! But this is what I look like literally when I wake up first thing in the morning.


And here's an after shot. Ah, much better! I have kind of hooded eyes so you can literally see nothing of my eye makeup...


I've been using my new custom MAC quad, and I'm loving it! 


This summer, I've been wearing my glasses on a day-to-day basis because I get up waaaay too early for my eyes to be accepting of contacts, so this is my glasses look.


These are the products I used!

  • L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation--this stuff is a revelation for girls with dry skin! I love a glowly look, and this helps you achieve it. In fact, I'm so happy with this foundation that I haven't got around to actually purchasing a high end foundation. I'm so happy with this one!
  • Some random lip balm
  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush--the only brush you'll ever need for foundation application!
  • Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer--it's an "eh" product. It gets the job done, but once you've used NARS primer, it's hard to go back.
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector--Love this! It's the first thing I've used that actually makes my undereye circles look decent.
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge--it's nice enough. I have it in Ulta Light, which is perhaps a touch too light for me.
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Powder--This is nice, but I'm almost out and want to try something new.
  • NARS Blusher in Douceur--LOVE THIS STUFF LIKE WOAH. The perfect natural flush for a pale girl.
  • ELF Eyebrow Kit--eh, it gets the job done.
  • MAC Quad with Blanc Type, Wedge, Satin Taupe, and Sketch--I used ST on the lid, Wedge in the crease, and BC under the brow. 
  • Essence Brow Gel--gets the job done. It's hard to justify spending over $3 on brow gel once you've tried this stuff!
  • MAC 217--like I could do all of my makeup with this one type of brush if I had to. You have to have this.
  • Sonia Kashuk Shader Brush--It's hard to distinguish between shader brushes. I honestly believe it's the brush that you don't need to spring for. 
  • Tarte Lash Curler--I hate this thing. I'm just waiting to replace it when I can.
  • MAC Syrup--the ultimate "my lips but better" shade. You can tell that I literally already have only a nub left. Don't worry, I've already got a backup!
  • Real Techniques Blush Brush--like the rest of the brushes of this line, it's very nice.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Hustle--love this brownish copper shade, I feel like it goes very nicely with my eye color.
  • Rimmel Eyeliner in Nude--This stuff is supposed to last in your lash line, but it doesn't on mine. I guess my eyes are too watery.
  • Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara--THIS STUFF IS DA BOMB DOT COM. I bought it on leighannsays's recommendation, and it's perfect for stubbornly straight lashes. 
So yes, this is a typical look for me at the office. Definitely an improvement over the before!

Until next time, kiddos,
xo, Maria.






1 comment:

  1. Aww, your every day look is super cute! I also use the Hard Candy concealer, how do you stop it from creasing? Mine creases like crazy unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete